domingo, 24 de junio de 2007

Countdown

The last days...
Saturday morning I crossed the Mekong. Stepping off the boat in Thailand marked the beginning of the last days... In the border town Chiang Khong I jumped on a bus to Chiang Rai, there another one to Chiang Mai was ready to depart, I managed to get on. Back in Thailand... things seem to flow, compared to Laos or Cambodia. I enjoyed it, without meaning to depreciate these other countries...
In Chiang Mai I thought of catching the next overnight train to Bangkok, but had to find out, that almost all these trains only have air-conditioned carriages, which I hate... The only exception being the one at 14.50 h, but for this I was too late. As I wanted to enjoy the trip back to Bangkok, I decided to stay one night in Chiang Mai. This was definitely not enough to catch a glimpse of the city, which in itself is a destination, where many people spend one week or even more. But anyway, you can't see everything in your life...
I found a terrific guest house, which made me forget the forced overnight stop. It was in one of those alleyways, which are so interesting and so much more typical, if one wants to get a glimpse of urban Thailand... and - most important - these alleyways are some really quiet oasis in the big, noisy Thai cities...

No hay comentarios: