domingo, 24 de junio de 2007

Sunday

There's a feeling which I almost forgot in the last three months: the tranquility of Sunday morning... I woke up early, after a very quiet night, to find that outside there was nothing going on. I got out of the guest house at around 8 o'clock and the streets were fairly deserted. It was Sunday, and in Thailand this day has some kind of meaning. I remembered Vietnams frenzy, where there was no rest at any hour, any day, and also in Laos and Cambodia Sunday was to a large extent a normal working day which started quite early...
I walked around a bit, found a restaurant that was open, where I had breakfast. After that I went back to my guest house, sat down in the courtyard and drank a few cappuccinos... it was instant stuff, but I didn't care. The atmosphere was too marvelous to worry about this minor issue... I simply sat there, reading a while, in between trying to catch the ambiance of the awakening quarter, and I have to admit that it wasn't a bad feeling at all. Very often in my life I worked on Sundays, but I always valued the fact that this day generally means some relaxation from the normal week days, less traffic, less people in the streets, a general tranquility floating over the city... after three months without real Sunday (okay, I didn't have to work, was on vacation, but you know what I want to say...) I really enjoyed this sensation again...

No hay comentarios: