sábado, 16 de junio de 2007

Phonsavan

As I thought to need some better photos for the story about UXO, I had decided to make another stopover in Phonsavan. The last time the end of my visa simply forced me to leave, although I only would have needed two or three days more. In Vang Vieng I had teamed up with David, an Englishman living in Singapor. Quite interesting to learn about this part of the world. I actually met a lot of people living in Singapor, and they all had different backgrounds and roots, Chinese, Malaian, Indonesian, European... and this all makes me wish to visit this city one day...
The two days in Phonsavan were little spectacular, but worth the detour. I managed to meet again some of "my English-students"... As they were on vacation, they agreed to guide us through some H'mong-villages. Tommy and Duong themselves are H'mong, so the communication with the villagers was no problem, although the main part consisted in asking permission to enter their yards to take some photos of war scrap, used as fences, flower pots, and more...
One evening we went to the English-school (it's a private school, so no vacations), they all were surprised and happy to see me again...
Although I was not completely satisfied with the scope of photos I could take, I decided to leave after two days. Several reasons, one of them that the clock was running faster and faster and the date of my return flight getting closer and closer...

No hay comentarios: